Search Engine Optimisation(SEO) gets you more organic traffic to your website from search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo, and if you don’t have an SEO website strategy it’s unlikely that your website will be ranked high enough to get some visibility or be indexed on the search engines.
Let’s take a look at a scenario where your web designer/developer creates a website for your business, it looks and functions great from all the feedback you get, you have some content on it and now expect to generate some leads and sales with your new website, but wait a minute where does the traffic come from?
Well, you can post and repost your new website pages to your existing followers on social media, that’s great with some repeat business but we need to work on more followers to get new leads and conversions.
Another great alternative is to do paid advertisement, which will increase your website traffic as soon as your paid campaigns are running, but it brings traffic at a constant cost.
Search Engine Optimisation
Surely you can bring all the traffic to your website from Social Media, Paid advertisements, and other Online Platforms but the majority of traffic to your website can be driven from search engines.
SEO strategy is a crucial part of your business’s success.
As mentioned above it can bring a lot of traffic to your website when people search for the service or the products that you offer to consumers, and the more people can find you online the more business your business will gain.
Factors that should go into your SEO Strategy.
Your pages need to be on Page 1 in Search Engines
If your website pages aren’t ranking on page 1 on Google or other search engine platforms then it’s unlikely you will get much business from it, in fact, your page needs to be ranking in the top 3 of google search results as that’s the most clicked linked on the web.
Website SEO Strategy to improve the ranking
To get onto the top of the ranking there are many SEO factors to be considered, here are some important factors that you should concentrate on as part of your SEO website strategy.
- Ensure the website is optimised for user experience, that each part of the website is easy to follow.
- Create valuable and structured content for the users in your target audience, structured content should include title and heading tags. The content should be good on all pages, and to give even more value to the users consider a blog, and blog post the topic business is more passionate and knowledgeable about.
- Research topics online and start with targeting long-tail keywords that match users’ search queries as it will be easier and quicker to get to the top of the google page, and ensuring those topics have some search volume.
- Add descriptive meta tags – short description of the web page (even though it has no impact on SEO but it surely does to get people’s attention to click on your website link). With WordPress, you can install Rank Math which will help with automating meta tags.
- Add some images to create a better visual of your content and don’t forget to add some alt tags which describe the image for search engine crawlers that rank your content, helps with SERP, and are important for accessibility.
- Create a link-building strategy that will bring more traffic from other websites, ensure their domain authority is high quality so you get a better online reputation built up, domain authority can be checked with ahrefs authority checker for free.
- Technical aspects to ensure your website has a Secure Socket Layer (SSL), that the website is crawlable by search engines and well structured. A good website designer and developer will ensure to use the best practices for the website and they would know the importance of web development for SEO.
Once you have a website SEO strategy in place it needs to be maintained by constantly adding and updating content, and updating the website. Some data can be collected from Google Search Console and Google Analytics to find areas on what’s ranking well in organic search and what can be improved.
And finally, I would recommend concentrating mostly on Google’s search engine as it dominates the market share by 86%
“In February 2021, online search engine Bing accounted for 6.7 percent of the global search market, while market leader Google had a market share of 86.6 percent. Chinese search engine Baidu’s market share was 0.54 percent.” Reference Statista
Keep in mind that Google has algorithms that are focused on analysing the content and rewarding those pages that bring more value to the user, and of course, the website needs to have a great user interface and user experience which is also a factor of SEO and a bigger focus from 2021.
Do you want to get more organic traffic for your website? We are VM Digital and we are determined to grow your business online. Get In Touch.